Ski Guide Apprenticeship
To be allocated a place on a Ski Guide Level 2 Course, you must have met the following criteria:
- Have Assistant Ski Guide status.
- At least two seasons of ski guiding work since Assistant Ski Guide status has been granted, and no more than 5 years elapsed since the Level 1 course.
- Minimum 20 quality supervised days ski guiding work.
At least 7 of the quality supervised days must have been under the direct supervision of an IFMGA Guide or NZMGA Ski Guide. Three of these days must be ski touring under direct supervision.
Minimum 10 of the quality supervised days of winter ski guiding work must have taken place in New Zealand.
- A written record or logbook must be presented on application as proof that experience and supervision requirements have been met.
- Written recommendation from two IFMGA Guides or 1 IFMGA and 1 NZMGA Ski Guide. At least one of these guides must confirm in their letter of recommendation that they have worked with, and been an active supervising guide for, the candidate in the previous 12 months.