Alpine Trekking Guide Pathway Application
To be allocated a place on the Alpine Trekking Guide Pathway, you must have met the following criteria:
- Have completed the Logged Experience - Alpine Trekking requirements.
- Current Pre Hospital Emergency Care Certificate (40 hours) or equivalent.
- Avalanche Course Stage 1 Certificate or its overseas equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years old when your course starts.
- New Zealand resident or have a current work permit.
- Current Medical Certificate of fitness.
Once your application has been accepted, you'll enter the training phase of the Alpine Trekking Guide Pathway. Your first training course will be the Snow and Ice Guide Training Course.
So that there is enough time to assimilate the training, we recommend a minimum of 4 months' gap between the Snow and Ice Guide Training Course and the Alpine Trekking Guide Assessment.